Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Hair!!

We´re getting down to actual work here in Somoto. Our supervisor, Shayne, says that he wants us to spend the next couple of weeks on our various projects and work placements, rather than enjoying the scenery and wandering. Probably a good idea as the work we have to do over the next couple months is overwhelming.
Each counterpart pair is assigned a topic. The pair is expected to organise a full day of activities and presentations based around that topic. Josue and I have been assigned the environment. We´ve decided to focus around drought and water management issues (El Nino, unclean drinking water and similar topics). There are many organizations and contacts available to us, so it should be a pretty easy task.
We´ve had a pretty rainy and mild week here in Nicaragua. I hear that it is really cooling down rapidly in Canada at this point, and I´m not the least bit jealous. Although the shock of going from this climate to Saskatchewan in 2 months may likely destroy me, I´m going to enjoy the heat while I have it.
Ah! I almost forgot to post the most important detail! A couple of fellow Canadian counterparts and I shaved our heads last night! Huge deal for me, as the shortest I´ve ever had my hair is about 2 inches long. I like the way it looks and am thinking about wearing it like this for a little while. I´ll try to post pictures again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment