Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nicaragua times!

Holy moly, too much stuff to update on. I´ve been in Nicaragua since last Thursday, and it has been a roller coaster of both good and bad. We arrived at around 5:00PM Nicaragua time after a long airplane ride. The scenery is beautiful, and it´s super hot! We met up with the Nicaraguans at a camp like set-up on the outskirts of Somoto. Really wonderful people.
We spent about 4 days in the camp getting to know each other, learning some Spanish, discussing customs, etc.
After the training camp we were paired up with counterparts. Although I love the Nicaraguans, I managed to get paired up with the only one who I have the most trouble communicating with! Funny how things work, eh? Anyway, I´m going to try and make the best of it, and hopefully things will get better between us.
Unfortunately, I don´t know if I´ll have the ability to post photographs until I get home. I only have access to the internet through some of the local internet Cafe´s. I´ll try later, regardless.
Anyway, my group awaits me outside, and I think they´re getting impatient. I´ll post again soon with some more details.
Take care everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment