Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homeward Bound..

"Truckin', I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin' on.
Hey now, get back truckin' home."
-Grateful Dead

The past couple of days have been a series of goodbyes and goodbye celebrations. We hosted our photo exhibition on Sunday, and it went far better than I had expected. Many of our host families, new friends, work supervisors, were in attendance. Good atmosphere within the art gallery.

Well, this is it, my last day in Prince Albert, my last day with Josue, my last day as a member of Canada World Youth. I can hardly believe that it has been 6 months since I made that first blog post in the lobby of our hotel. Six months!
I know it's going to be heartbreaking to say goodbye to all of my new friends here, but we all knew it would come to an end at this point, so no surprises. Tomorrow we head out to Saskatoon at 6:30 in the morning. The Canadians are dropped off at the hotel for our re-integration sessions, and the Nicaraguans continue on to the airport without us.
I expect that the first couple of days after I come back will be very, very difficult. I'll probably write one last post upon my arrival in Arden as a reflection of sorts. This will be my final post within the program.

I want to thank everyone who diligently read this blog for the past 6 months. I thoroughly enjoyed writing them, and I hope you enjoyed reading them (I fully intend on printing them off as a keepsake). See you all soon!

4 comments:

  1. Para mi fue un placer conocerlo Luke... espero que siga así, y que esta experiencia le sirva de mucho...

    Disfrute leyendo su blog y observando la transformación que ha sufrido durante estos 6 meses.

    Felicidades y Buena Suerte.

    martha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a pleasure Luke.
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure readung the blogs and getting news...and following all the adventures of the group
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how sad it was to leave my friends in Greece and I had only been there ONE month. It will probably take some getting used to being back in Ontario, but just so you know, Jess and I are psyched that you are coming back. We will happily look at all 3 000 000 of your pictures and then we can go to Montreal!!

    ReplyDelete