Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Fantastic Evening at Amy's..

So, tonight was our big night. 'Evening at Amy's', the culmination of all our hard work.
It went off better than I could have imagined. Firstly, we sold all of our tickets. I believe that we ended up selling 4 over our 50 ticket limit, at 12$ a piece. That's $648, JUST ON TICKETS!!!!

We collected a total of 15 lots to auction off, many of them being a combined package of several donated items. All of our lots were bid on throughout the night, some collecting more than 3x the amount of our starting bids.

As far as entertainment and food were concerned, I couldn't have asked for more. Amy first served a chutney and cracker dish, making both coffee and drinks from the bar available. The cheesecake followed an hour after the event had begun, and it was well worth the wait. Delicious!

The band was fantastic, playing a wide array of Jazz pieces, some of which I recognized. Shayne played guitar and sang during the band's break and gave a great performance, as usual. The atmosphere was perfect.

I'm not one for speeches, so when the time came to choose who would give introductions, closing statements, thanks, etc.; I chose to give the auction details. I get nervous when speaking to a large group of people (as I'm sure everyone does who is unaccustomed to doing so), and was sure that I mumbled and bumbled my way through the entire thing. After everyone started to disperse, a lady came up to me and said, "I just wanted to tell you that you have a wonderful demeanor and way of conducting yourself. Don't ever lose that". What a nice thing to say to a person. Needless to say, that alone made my night.

I just got back a couple of minutes ago, and I'm on cloud 9.

2 comments:

  1. Wish we'd been there - sounds like a great night !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a great success ! Way to go CWY !
    Mom OX

    ReplyDelete